Manchester UKVCAS Service Point
See our dedicated web page for up to date information on the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) which is the way to make immigration applications from within the UK.
What is the address of the Manchester UKVCAS Service Point?
St James Tower, Faulkner Street, Manchester, M1 4DZ. The entrance is on Faulkner Street.
What is the phone number for the Manchester UKVCAS Service Point?
Unfortunately, there is no direct line. The only way to reach them by phone is to call the Premium Support Line on 0844 8920232. This is run by the private company Sopra Steria. Calls cost £0.04 per minute.
What are the opening hours?
8am to 7.30pm, Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday
Where are the nearest car parks to Manchester UKVAS Core Service Point?
- National Car Park (NCP): Manchester Piccadilly Plaza, City Tower, New York St, Manchester M1 4AJ. This is less than 0.1 miles from Manchester UKVCAS Service Point.
- National Car Park (NCP): Chorlton Street, Manchester M1 3FY. This is approximately 0.1 miles from Manchester UKVCAS Service Point.
- Q-Park Piazza: 75 St James Street, Manchester M1 4BP. This is approximately 0.2 miles from Manchester UKVCAS Service Point.
How do I get to Manchester UKVCAS Service Point by public transport?
- Manchester Piccadilly train station is approximately 0.4 miles away
- Manchester Oxford Road train station is approximately 0.5 miles away
- St Peter's Square tram stop is approximately 0.4 miles away
- Piccadilly Gardens tram stop is approximately 0.2 miles away
What is the process once in the Service Point?
Users are shown to a check in desk where they will need to present their appointment confirmation email and passport.
They are then shown to a biometric booth where fingerprints and a digital photo are taken. Only the applicant is permitted inside the biometric booth. The booths are self-service and this is the process that should be followed:
- Press start
- Scan the barcode of your confirmation document
- Scan the picture page of your passport
- Prepare to have your photo taken (e.g. remove glasses) and press I'm ready. If users are not happy with the photo there is an option to retake.
- Provide your fingerprints
- Provide your signature
After biometrics have been completed, users should return to the check in desks to upload documents if needed, and to finalise the process.
How long does the process take?
The usual time is between 30 minutes and one hour in total
Can I talk to a case worker about my application?
UKVCAS Service Points are operated by a private company - Sopra Steria. They do not play any part in making a decision on whether or not to grant a visa and cannot pass on any information to the Home Office. If your circumstances are unusual you should write a letter explaining this and upload it along with all other documents.
If you require any further information regarding any aspect of the UKVCAS system please do not hesitate to contact White Rose Visas for a free consultation.