London Mark Lane Premium Lounge
See our dedicated web page for up to date information on the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) which is the way to make immigration applications from within the UK.
What is the address of the London Mark Lane Premium Lounge?
London Premium Lounge, 20 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7AF
What is the phone number for the London Premium Lounge?
Unfortunately, there is no direct line. The only way to reach them by phone is to call the Premium Support Line on 0844 8920232. This is run by the private company Sopra Steria. Calls cost £0.04 per minute.
What are the opening hours?
The opening hours are 8.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday inclusive.
What services are available?
Sopra Steria staff offer Biometric Capture (fingerprint and photo), Digitisation (scanning of documents, if required), and Interpretation.
Where are the nearest car parks to London Mark Lane Premium Lounge?
- Tower Hill Car Park, 50 Lower Thames St, London EC3R 6DT: approximately 0.3 miles away
- National Car Park (NCP) Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7RA: approximately 0.6 miles away
- Minories Car Park, 1 Shorter St, London E1 8LP: approximately 0.4 miles away
- National Car Park (NCP) Thomas More Square, 1 Nesham Street, London E1W 1YU: approximately 0.8 miles away
How do I get to London Mark Lane Premium Lounge by public transport?
- Fenchurch Street Station is approximately 0.1 miles away
- Aldgate Underground Station (Circle/ Metropolitan line) is approximately 0.3 miles away
- Tower Hill Undergound Station (Circle/ District line) is approximately 0.2 miles away
- Canon Street Underground and Rail Station (Circle/ District line, and Southeastern Trains) is approximately 0.6 miles away
What is the process on the day of application?
Applicants are shown to a check in desk where they will need to present their appointment confirmation email and passport.
They are then shown to a biometric booth where fingerprints and a digital photo are taken. Only the applicant is permitted inside the biometric booth. The booths are self-service and this is the process that should be followed:
- Press start
- Scan the barcode of your confirmation document
- Scan the picture page of your passport
- Prepare to have your photo taken (e.g. remove glasses) and press I'm ready. If users are not happy with the photo there is an option to retake.
- Provide your fingerprints
- Provide your signature
After biometrics have been completed, applicants should return to the check in desks to upload documents if needed, and to finalise the process.
Can I talk to a case worker about my application?
UKVCAS Service Points are operated by a private company - Sopra Steria. They do not play any part in making a decision on whether or not to grant a visa and cannot pass on any information to the Home Office. If your circumstances are unusual you should write a letter explaining this and upload it along with all other documents.
If you require any further information regarding any aspect of the new UKVCAS system please do not hesitate to contact White Rose Visas for a free consultation.