Birmingham UKVCAS Service Point
See our dedicated web page for up to date information on the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) which is the way to make immigration applications from within the UK.
What is the address of the Birmingham UKVCAS Service Point?
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
What is the phone number for the Birmingham UKVCAS Service Point?
Unfortunately, there is no direct line. The only way to reach them by phone is to call the Premium Support Line on 0844 8920232. This is run by the private company Sopra Steria. Calls cost £0.04 per minute.
What are the opening hours?
7am to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm, Saturday
What services are available?
Sopra Steria staff offer Biometric Capture (fingerprint and photo), Digitisation (scanning of documents, if required), and Interpretation.
Where are the nearest car parks to Birmingham UKVCAS Service Point?
- Paradise Circus Car Park: Brindley Drive, Birmingham B1 2NB. This is approximately 0.3 miles away.
- NCP Car Park: Newhall Street, Birmingham B3 1SW. This is approximately 0.5 miles away.
- Euro Car Park: 21 Lionel St, Birmingham B3 1AT. This is approximately 0.5 miles away.
How do I get to Birmingham UKVCAS Service Point by public transport?
- Birmingham New Street Train Station is approximately 0.2 miles away
What is the process once in the Service Point?
As you enter the UKVCAS Service Point, a member of staff will be there to greet you and collect your booking confirmation. Only the applicant is permitted inside the biometric booth. The booths are self-service and this is the process that should be followed:
- Press start
- Scan the barcode of your confirmation document
- Scan the picture page of your passport
- Prepare to have your photo taken (e.g. remove glasses) and press I'm ready. If users are not happy with the photo there is an option to retake.
- Provide your fingerprints
- Provide your signature
Staff are on hand to help with any technical difficulties.
The whole process takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the number of other applicants present and whether you have documents to be scanned or not.
There is no direct phone line: there is only the the UKVCAS Premium Support Line on 0844 8920232. Calls cost £0.04 per minute
Can I talk to a case worker about my application?
UKVCAS Service Points are operated by a private company - Sopra Steria. They do not play any part in making a decision on whether or not to grant a visa and cannot pass on any information to the Home Office. If your circumstances are unusual you should write a letter explaining this and upload it along with all other documents.
If you require any further information regarding any aspect of the new UKVCAS system please do not hesitate to contact White Rose Visas for a free consultation.