Do I need to use a representative?
There is no obligation for the applicant to use a representative. Many individuals make successful applications on their own, perhaps using information and advice found on the internet. However, it is often beneficial to use a reputable representative, particularly where your application is not straightforward, or if you need a guaranteed fast decision on your case. Typical benefits include the following.
- A reputable adviser will first ensure that you are making the best application given your particular circumstances and plans. At White Rose Visas, we are happy to offer a free initial consultation aimed precisely at giving you the information you need to make the best informed decision.
- A reputable adviser will ensure that all the necessary documents are included, in the correct format, to ensure that your application is successful. The Guidance notes provided by the UKBA for each application type must be strictly adhered to, yet the very detailed and changeable nature of this Guidance can make it hard for an unrepresented applicant to ensure full compliance.
- For this reason, a reputable adviser can greatly increase the chances of a successful application. We estimate that of the applications that we receive, around 50% would have failed without our support. Indeed, the UKBA's own figures show that 25% of in country Points Based System applications fail. At White Rose Visas, we are fully confident of the success of every application that we present, which is why we are able to offer our 100% money back Guarantee.
- A reputable adviser will include a supportive letter to the UKBA explaining how you meet the requirements of the immigration rules. Such a letter will ensure that there are no unforeseen difficulties in the judgment and processing of your application.
- Many applicants find it useful to use the Premium (or Same Day, or In Person) service of a representative, since they find it difficult to obtain a premium slot using the UKBA's internet or telephone service. Thanks to our status as a registered Trusted Representative, we are allocated a number of slots per week at the Sheffield Public Enquiry Office.
- Last, but not least, a skilled and trustworthy adviser can provide invaluable peace of mind that your application is progressing smoothly and successfully.
The main issue to consider when choosing a representative is to ensure that they are registered with the OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner), or are a member of the Law Society of England and Wales (or equivalent body), as it is unlawful to provide immigration advice without such registration. You can find a list of all OISC regulated representatives in the UK on the OISC's website.
You may also wish to talk to friends who have made similar applications, to find out who they would recommend. At White Rose Visas we are proud to say that most of our clients come through word of mouth referrals.
If your application is not straightforward, or you need a fast decision, it can be beneficial to use a representative
OISC: list of advisers
Visit the OISC website for a comprehensive list of registered advisers, searchable by geographical area
We estimate that of the applications that we receive, around 50% would have failed without our support