HOW TO CHOOSE AN IMMIGRATION ADVISER
Do I need to use a Representative?
There is no obligation for the applicant to use a representative (i.e., a professional immigration adviser/ immigration lawyer). Many individuals make successful applications on their own, perhaps using information and advice found on the internet. However, it is often beneficial to use a reputable representative, particularly where your application is not straightforward, or if you need a guaranteed fast decision on your case.
A good adviser will ensure that all the necessary documents are included with your application, in the correct format, to ensure that your application is successful. The Guidance notes provided by the Home Office for each application type must be strictly adhered to, yet the very detailed and changeable nature of this Guidance can make it hard to ensure full compliance.
For this reason, a reputable adviser can greatly increase the chances of a successful application. We estimate that of the applications we receive, around 50% would have failed without our support. Indeed, the Home Office's own figures show that 25% of in country Points Based System applications are rejected.
At White Rose Visas, we believe in being as open as possible. So, from the start, we give you all the information needed to help you make your crucial decisions. If you don't need to make an application, or you would be better to delay, then we'll tell you that. If it's something that you can easily do yourself, without a representative, we'll tell you that too.
What should I look for in an immigration adviser?
- Someone who is highly experienced, and regulated by the OISC or the Law Society
- Always look for reviews, ideally those that mention the specific adviser you will be working with
- Clear and prompt communication
- A friendly, kind and compassionate adviser: someone that understands the situation you are in and prioritise your needs and requirements
- A fee that covers all aspects of your case: you shouldn't be surcharged for any 'extras' like postage
- It helps to begin with a free initial consultation, so that you can consider all your available options in a no-pressure way
- In case things do go wrong, it is great to have a Guarantee to fall back on, so that you don't end up out of pocket